Happy New Year

Well, it's about an hour to go until the New Year arrives here. We're watching High Society, and I'm trying to figure out what I broke in a database I built. Only one of these two activities is going well.

I haven't posted anything for about a month, which is mute testimony to how busy I've been. One thing I've noticed recently is the marked absence of Christmas lights. This is probably balanced out by the great excesses that some people go to in decorating their homes for Christmas. The utility company must love that. I grant that some may think that I fall into the excessive category with my decorating, but I still think it's tasteful without being gaudy. Newxt year there'll be a few more lights, but I still think it's not over the top.

Well, ought-five has been pretty good to me, and I hope to you as well. Here's to '06, and the promise of the future. Good luck in your genealogical pursuits, hopefully Paramount will decide to make some positive moves with Star Trek, and maybe, just maybe, these off-season deals the Twins have made will bring them a pennant this season.

Comments

Maren said…
Yes, I think watching High Society went well, too. Is your database fixed yet? I know you were still working on it the other night. Perhaps you could take the Ace Hardware approach to fixing things and just kick it. If that doens't work, kick harder. :)

Yes, I think 2005 went well. I graduated, I'm done with that chapter of my life and very slowly and haphazardly trying to outline the next one. We'll see how it goes. And yes, lets hope that Paramount figures out what to do with Star Trek. Hey, I'm old enough to work for them now, right? :)
Paul said…
Sorry my house didn't have lights!

Popular posts from this blog

Genealogy. It's all Relative

What's In A Name?

The Top 40 Twins of All Time