Sports Programmers Are Idiots

Yep, this is another disgruntled post about baseball.

This is the first Saturday afternoon I've gotten home before the MLB Game of the Week is scheduled to start. The possible matchups: Cardinals vs. Phillies, White Sox vs. Tigers, and the Twins vs. Angels.

If you look over to the column at the left, you will see that I live in Utah, just 20 minutes north of Salt Lake City. We have a AAA baseball team here that is affiliated with the Angels, the Salt Lake Bees. You'd think some programmer would make note of that.

Wrong.

What do we get to see? St. Louis @ Philadelphia. Yeah, Salt Lake is such a National League town.

I wonder if the decision was made by our local Fox station? I hope not, because this way I can attribute it to some nameless suit in a boardroom somewhere, and not someone who's supposed to know about sports locally.

It's interesting to note that we are in the Colorado Rockies broadcasting area. But we don't get any of their games on radio or television. I can pick up the San Francisco Giants some evenings on the radio in my van when the signal is skipping, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genealogy. It's all Relative

What's In A Name?

The Top 40 Twins of All Time