Counting Cousins

Well, I'm back from the Computers in Libraries conference in Washington, D.C., and working on a presentation for the Brigham Young University Computerized Genealogy Conference on 25-26 March. My good friend Kip Sperry is the conference chairman. I actually used to work for Kip from 1987-1991. I guess he's fully recovered from the experience by now.

Anway, I was going through my notes and found something that just amazes me. Since I first started posting genealogical data on the Internet in 1998, I have been in contact with over 130 different relations that I didn't know about. I think the actual number may be closer to 150, but I can't find contact information for about thirty people.

130 new cousins. That's incredible. Someone should organize a virtual reunion for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genealogy. It's all Relative

What's In A Name?

In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!