Pop! Goes the Tendon

Ruben Sierra spent the first two weeks in April at extended spring training. On 18 April he was called up from Fort Myers (the Twins' Class A team), and eleven days later, he ruptured the biceps tendon in his left elbow. According to the report, the MRI found a rupture at the elbow. I've had one of those MRI's as well. As good as they are, mine didn't show that my injury involved a complete separation of tendon from the bone. I had to have surgery to determine that.

I'm familiar with the repair to correct a distal biceps tendon rupture. I had surgery to fix it just over two years ago. Even though I successfully completed rehab, my right arm still isn't as strong as it used to be, and I still have numbness on the inside of my forearm (which bugs the heck out of me!).

Reuben is going to try rehab rather than surgery. I tried rehab before I tried surgery, too. Let me clue you, Ruben, rehab doesn't fix the problem if you've pulled the tendon off the bone! I've heard that same sound, and felt that same pain. Life isn't going to be the same for you dude. If I were you, this would be a good time to hang up the cleats.

Of note, in his 11 days with the Twins, Sierra was hitting .188. He hit .250 in 3 games at Fort Myers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genealogy. It's all Relative

What's In A Name?

In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!