I Hate To Fly SAS

After I had checked my bag at Gardermoen airport last week I decided to ask about upgrading my seat on the Copenhagen to Chicago leg of the trip. Evidently Scandinavian Airlines has some whacky policies about issuing or purchasing upgrades.

There were plenty of seats available in Business class, so seating wasn't a problem. After waiting about 15 minutes for the ticket agent to help me, she said there were plenty of seats, but the upgrade would cost about 8,000.00 USD. That's Eight Thousand dollars. Eight grand.

Why so bloody much? Evidently SAS' policy is that if you upgrade one segment, you have to upgrade all of them. Even the ones that have already taken place. My Chicago to Stockholm leg, for example.

Last year, I missed my flight from Chicago to Oslo because of bad weather in Chicago. So I had to stay overnight on my own dime. The United Airlines people had to change my flight from Chicago so I arrived in Europe in Frankfurt rather than Munich. This change also necessitated them changing my flight from Munich-Oslo to Frankfurt-Oslo. While I was waiting in Frankfurt to fly to Oslo, my luggage was flying to Amsterdam and then on to Oslo. Why I couldn't get that same flight, I don't know. By the way, when I got to Oslo, my luggage wasn't there. It didn't reach me until Sunday afternoon. I had left home Thursday. You can imagine how fun that was.

When I tried to leave from Copenhagen last year, they said my ticket wasn't valid and wanted to charge me $14,000 to fly home. All because of some stupid fiddling around with my ticket by United Airlines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genealogy. It's all Relative

What's In A Name?

In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!