Reading Between the Lines

I was reading an AP story by Terence Hunt this morning about the historic election of Barack Hussein Obama. As I was reading it, I couldn't help but read between the lines of what was being said by others about this.

Barack Obama:
"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep."

The read: It's harder to effect change than simply going around and saying, "It's time for a change!" Reality bites, don't it?

Barack Obama:
"We may not get there in one year or even in one term ... But, America, I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you, we as a people will get there."
The read: OK, so where exactly are we going?

Afghan President Hamid Karzai:
"This is my first demand of the new president of the United States _ to put an end to civilian casualties."
The read: OK, keep your promise, pull the troops out. That was easy. Let's see Karzai stay in power without the US to back him up. And Hamid, tell your people to stop shooting guns into the air when our planes are flying overhead. It's not healthy for them--it provokes an unpleasant response.

Jesse Jackson:
"And then that Barack's so majestic."
The read: So, maybe Michelle will let you two date a few times.


Rep. John Lewis, Georgia Democrat
:
"He's going to call on us, I believe, to sacrifice. We all must give up something."
The read: Can you say tax dollars? I knew you could.

President George W. Bush:
"Congratulations and go enjoy yourself."
The read: The easy part is over, pal.

The second best thing about this election, in my opinion, over 60% of the electorate took part.

The best thing: It's over for another four years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genealogy. It's all Relative

What's In A Name?

In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!