In Search of the Perfect Cheese Steak Sandwich

Since this was my first trip to Philly I had to try a cheese steak sandwich. I asked my seat-mate on the flight in (the guy with the Bose headphones) who made the best sandwiches. He wouldn't commit himself, but he made a great suggestion, "Get one of each, they're small." So I did.

The parameters of my test sandwich: steak, onions, and Cheez Whiz.

I tried Geno's first. Incredible. The flavor was amazing. I could have died a very happy man.

Next, Pat's. Incredible. The flavor was amazing. I could have died a very happy man.

Pat's steak was every bit as good as Geno's. But the on Pat's the bread was better, and so was the cheese. I can't figure out how Cheez Whiz can taste different, but it did. Pat's Wins! Pat's Wins! Despite this glowing recommendation, you won't find me on their celebrity page.

Cheese steak. It's a beautiful thing.

Comments

Maren said…
Jeff Svare's $40 a Day!
You put Rachel Ray to shame...
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Genealogy. It's all Relative

What's In A Name?

The Top 40 Twins of All Time