Observations

I found a great reason to have an MP3 player with you when flying: you can't hear unwanted conversations.

The fellow I was sitting next to on the plane had a set of Bose Sound Cancelling headphones with him. After the in-flight movie (which was awful), I asked him about them. He even let me try them on. It was amazing! Suddenly all I could hear were my own thoughts. The persistene drone of the cabin pressure system was gone! Then he plugged them into the armrest headphone jack. I'd swear I was suddenly listening to premium quality sound system. I'd been using my cheap airline-furnished earphones just before this, and it didn't sound anything like what I was listening to then. Simply amazing.

Note to self: Add noise-cancelling headphones to Want List.

Comments

funai said…
Dude... I love those headphones. I travel a great deal for work, and they have made my life so much nicer. No more crying babies, no more annoying conversations, no more anything! Just me and my tunes.
Maren said…
Why do you think I live with my headphones on? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Genealogy. It's all Relative

What's In A Name?

The Top 40 Twins of All Time