March Madness

March 14th. The beginning of NCAA basketball's March Madness.

Madness. Yes, that's a good word for it.

This is a time when the laws of physics relative to time are suspended. A game with 2 seconds left on the clock can continue for 20 years. At least it seems like it does.

I don't hate basketball, but if I can go through the month without seeing a single game, I won't be disappointed.

This represents a period of suffering for me. I suppose it's appropriate that it takes place during Lent. But it also represents a time of renewed hope, a resurgence in the belief that Spring is soon here. That better days will soon be with us.

Why? The MLB teams are in spring training, and it's three weeks until opening day!

Comments

Maren said…
Spring? What's spring? I think the groundhog was wrong...lets start skewering cicada flies and praying to them. After all, the Hopi say they have the power to bring the warm weather early in the year...
Paul said…
I just have to stay away from the massive tv in the Morris center and I'll be more or less alright.

Popular posts from this blog

Genealogy. It's all Relative

What's In A Name?

The Top 40 Twins of All Time